Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2001 21:29:11 -0400
From:      Dale Chulhan <dchulhan@uwi.tt>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Future And Direction Of FreeBSD Project

Hello,

To my shock and horror, I read that FreeBSD is now without corporate
sponsorship and that there are now plans by daemonNews to take over that
role.

So I am here sitting wondering what's the real scoop with the project
and can we say definitely that this project is independant of corporate
sponsorship?

What about the fired workers are they still willing to work for the
project? And people like Jordan etc. are they still actively involved or
is the project being gradually deserted?

What has Linux have that we don't?

Hell, If I had even half the talent of some of you guys I'd be more than
willing to give up my free time to this cause, but right now I don't
feel that I have enough to contribute.

So please what's going on with my favourite OS?