Date:      Sun, 31 Jan 2016 16:27:05 +0100
From:      Tobias Kortkamp <t@tobik.me>
To:        Helmut Schneider <jumper99@gmx.de>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Did pkg drop ftp support?

There's a new option for limiting the number of valid URL schemes in
pkg.conf. Running `pkg config VALID_URL_SCHEME` prints a list of valid
URL schemes, but pkg+ftp is not a that list for me.  Maybe an oversight?

Unless you want to use SRV records on your domain, just using ftp:// and
setting mirror_type to NONE for your repository should work fine. Or try
adding to /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf

   VALID_URL_SCHEME = ["pkg+ftp"];