Date:      Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:23:46 +0000
From:      "Rhys Campbell" <therhysmeister@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   KDE on FreeBSD 5.3

KDE on my FreeBSD machine is very slow to start up application. Once the
application is open it is very responsive and user input. The K menu is also
displayed with speed it's just that any application seems to take several
minutes to open.

I'm fairly new to *nix so maybe I've missed something obvious. The only
thing I can think of is that maybe there are a lot of pocess running in the
background that have a higher priority than desktop applications. Any ideas?