Date:      Wed, 01 Sep 1999 21:54:56 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Dominic Mitchell <Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk>, Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Perth <shocking@prth.pgs.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice giveaway of source code

"Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:
> > Where sun are involved, I wouldn't get your hopes up until you actually
> > see source or something.  And I wouldn't exactly call them quick,
> > either.
>
> This is wise counsel.

Also, don't discount the possibility that Sun may be talking about this in
order to achieve some leverage with the likes of (say) Microsoft. For
example, "If we don't get [xxx] from you, we'll do something to hurt your
cash cow, MS Office"..  Maybe I'm just being too cynical though, but I'll
believe it when I see it.

Cheers,
-Peter