Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 1995 21:28:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        dgy@seagull.rtd.com (Don Yuniskis)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: NMI message

> Greetings!
>     My 1.1.5.1R system gasped:
> 	NMI... going to debugger
> 	kernel: type 19 trap, code=0
> shall I assume this was an intermittent parity error (system had been
> up for 40 days or so...) like maybe a Vcc glitch or alpha particle, etc.?
> Haven't dug out any schematics, etc. but I suspect parity is the only
> thing that would yank on NMI (looked like CPU was doing a memory to memory
> transfer at the time ... possibly faulting in a page, etc.)
>     Thx, --don

Yes, if this is a once in 40 day event I would attribute it to either an
alpha particle or the phase of the moon.  If you see any more of them
be warry for failing components.  If you have a good DVM check your
+5V, even better check it for noise with a scope.  Check it at the Simms
and at the power supply connector to the motherboard.

If your simms have tin instead of gold connectors on them reseat them, I
have seen a problem here too many times to mention.