Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 21:09:53 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: request for a new "feature" as regards DDB

Sujal Patel wrote in message ID
<Pine.NEB.3.92.960422180106.209p-100000@xi.dorm.umd.edu>:
> While we're talking about DDB, can't we have it timeout in 30s if you
> don't hit a key (and then generate a core dump).

Not really ... that would assume that the IRQ handlers were still
operational, which may not be the case. DDB should only be running if
all interrupts are disabled if I remember right (and if I don't, I
won't mind being corrected :-) )

Gary
--
Gary Palmer                                            FreeBSD Core Team Member
FreeBSD - Turning PC's into workstations. See http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/ for info.