Date:      Wed, 11 May 2005 18:22:22 +0200
From:      Didier Wiroth <didier.wiroth@mcesr.etat.lu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: pvr350, cache problems and live tv how to do it best

Hello, thx for helping!

>Test this driver (a fork of original cxm driver):
>http://www.documentanix.org/pvr250/ivtv4bsd_v2a.tar.gz
>This driver allows live tv change channel and more, see README for all
>features and install notes. Need some work with tuner loader but now
>is stable with my two cards (pvr250 and pvr350).

I've compiled and installed everything and cxm_controller etc works.
But I can't launch xine or mplayer to watch TV.

While running mplayer (cat /dev/cxm0 | mplayer -), I get this strange message:
---
Playing -.
Reading from stdin...
Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: avisynth.dll, /usr/local/lib/win32/avisynth.dl l, /usr/lib/win32/avisynth.dll
---

When running xine (cat /dev/cxm0 | xine stdin://), I get the following error:
---
xine engine error
There is no demuxer plugin available to handle 'stdin://'
Usually this means that the file format was not recognized.
---

Both programs work with the ("original") cxm modules.

Do you have an idea what I can try?

many thanks
regards
didier