Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 1996 13:44:49 +0200 (EET)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   3COM 509 NICs

I'm not 100% sure, but I feel it belongs here:

	A friend of mine wants to set up a FreeBSD box as a router
	between 4 ethernets and planns to use 3COM 509 NICs. As I'm the
	only one who has used FreeBSD round here, he asked me. So, can
	anyone point out any troubles I will immedeately fall into? Will
	the 3COM cards give any performance gains over NE2000 compatibles
	(there is that unresolved reference to buggyness)?

With thnx in advance,
	Sander.