Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:11:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Lynch <lynch@cityisp.net>
To:        Marc Veldman <freebsd@planet.nl>
Cc:        "Thomas M. Sommers" <tms2@mail.ptd.net>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Guns and freedom [Was something unrelated :)]

> > > If you were American, then here's a little thought for you:-
> > >   During the Gulf war, you killed more allies than you did the enemy.

Yeah, we probably killed more of our own troops than Iraq's fearsome army
did. I wonder how many of them we (Americans) killed? Was it actually near
the hundred thousand, we've been told? I know we annialated an entire
interstate of stolen cars filled with iraqi troops( bad I
Yeah, we probably killed more of our own troops than Iraq's fearsome army
did. I wonder how many of them we (Americans) killed? Was it actually near
the hundred thousand, we've been told? I know we annialated an entire
interstate of stolen cars filled with iraqi troops( bad Idea, if you were
an Iraqi fleeing kuwait.) in the end, since We end up being the watchdog
for everyone (You see it's either, You beg us for help, or you hate us for
not helping...either way, most of us don't really care anymore as far as
which country thinks we're evil. We've watched enough bbc to grow callous
to whether or not terrorist hate us for being american. that's why the
government is trigger happy, ala the nigerian plant that was destroyed
a while back. We're also paranoid when it comes to arab terrorist(
which SUCKS if you are an Arab-American trying just to survive here), but,
then again who cares, most Americans Fear EAch Other, not some Foreign
power...how the hell is going to Invade this place, short from nukes We
are safer from invasion. In the US, people blow each other away for
whatever reason, such as, I get picked on, so I'm going to go kill the
a few people. After the news is over Entertainment Tonight comes
on...DAMN, look at what SHe's Wearing!!!...so much for making an
impression. We have more problems with God-fearing gun toting psychopaths
here than anyone else. Ask most people who Bin-Laden is they don't know.
Ask them what Jennifer Lopez was wearing 90% can tell you. We have more
problems with people here wanting to blow it up or shoot up the place.

Give all Americans Guns. What the hell. The Big Ol Gun argument should
have a middle ground...Either take them ALL away , or give everyone a Gun.
It doesn't matter to me. If I have a gun and some asshole walks into
MAcdonalds and starts shooting, I'm shooting back.
BUT, if we don't have guns, he has to walk in with a Slingshot, which
means we will just kick his ass.

Plus, will future releases of FreeBSD be shipped WITH Guns or Without??

Chris