Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 1997 20:30:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      cgull+usenet-875579134@smoke.marlboro.vt.us (john hood)
To:        Anthony.Kimball@East.Sun.COM
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   VIA-VP2 and UltraDMA

Tony Kimball writes:
 > Will -current support UltraDMA with the VIA-VP2 chipset?
 > VIA-VP3?

It will if somebody writes and tests the code for it :) (It should
work just fine in multiword DMA modes, and the difference in
performance will be small for current drives.)

I'd be happy to write the code, I just don't have a way to test it.
If you have a system and you're willing to help some, we can probably
get it going.

  --jh

--
Mr. Belliveau said, "the difference was the wise,       John Hood,     cgull
intelligent look on the face of the cow."  He was      	                   @