Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 08:31:01 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        adam@veda.is (Adam David)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: __error() build glitch

Adam David wrote:
> In updating from a rather old version of -current I noticed that make world
> falls over in gperf because __error() is missing in the installed version of
> libc. This begs the question of why buildworld is relying on libraries from
> the system it is running on, which are obviously not necessarily the same as
> those on the system being built. I could continue after a 'make includes'
> in /usr/src and a 'make depend all install' in /usr/src/lib/libc but this
> is clobbering the installed system. I'll submit a PR if necessary, consisting
> basically of this notification message.

make -m /usr/src/share/mk world

If you do this, the build will use the correct libraries. Don't do
'make includes' on it's own because you will then have headers that are
inconsistent with libc.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137