Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 1996 17:21:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        rsnow@lgc.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: memory/disk error with 801-SNAP

 * Now a question about sup:
 *
 * I kiced off a sup -v ports-supfile which the docs say is the "super sup"
 * or some such.  It's supposed to get all the ports except distfiles.  It
 * started getting all the ports into /usr/ports/ports, in other words it
 * starged reproducing them.  Then it started transfering the distfiles,  I
 * killed it...  I then restarted it using each port collection and it
 * appears to have worked fine.  Did I misunderstand or is something broke?

Something is broken.  Here are the relevant files:

===
>> cat ports-all.cvs.list
upgrade ports
omitany distfiles
omitany distfiles/*
omitany */#cvs.*
omitany */val-tags
>> cat ports-all.list
omitany *~
omitany */CVS*
omitany *.o
omitany */tags
omitany distfiles
omitany distfiles/*
upgrade ports
omitany */val-tags
>> cat releases
current list=ports-all.list prefix=/usr scan=scan host=current.allow
cvs     list=ports-all.cvs.list prefix=/home/ncvs host=cvs.allow
===

The first one (the cvs collection) works fine.  The second one is what
didn't work for you (and many others).

Can some sup wizard enlighten us?

Satoshi