Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 08:42:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam McDougall <mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   sb16 not found with newpcm

I thought I'd try kicking sb0 out of my kernel and try pcm for a change,
but I cannot get it to work with simply "device pcm0". My sb16 is not pnp,
and adding controller pnp0 did not help.  With just device pcm0, the
kernel mentions nothing of pcm at all.  sb0 worked fine with:

controller      snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5 port 0x0
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330
device opl0     at isa? port 0x388

AND pcm does work with:
device  pcm0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15
as someone else suggested on the list.

pcm0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.11> at port 0x220-0x22f irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 on
isa0

If dmesg from sb0 would help I could get it..  Anything else I could help
with in making "device pcm0" work without params? or is that pnp only?
Thanks