Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 21:13:14 -0700 (MST)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Troy Settle <rewt@i-Plus.net>, "\(ML\) FreeBSD ISP" <isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ISPCON

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Also, how about manning a booth on the exhibition floor?   Could we talk
> > Walnut Creek into sponsoring some of us (ISPs and Core Team members) to
> > do such a thing?  Possibly giving away some premiums (cdroms, t-shirts,
> > etc)?
>
> What if FreeBSD, Inc. simply had a booth there and served as a
> rallying point for any FreeBSD based ISPs?  I'm not sure that WC would
> have a tremendous interest in being there, but we certainly would.
>
> 					Jordan

If we all joined forces under the FreeBSD flag, we could make much more of
a splash. It would be really nice to have a big, professional presence
rather than a few people spread out in shonky boothes... Economic
symbiosis :)

I think FreeBSD should flaunt:
	o Stability
	o Security
	o Price
	o Upgradability (sup, cvs, etc.)
	o User base (cdrom.com, yahoo.com, whistle, etc.)
	o Performance (comapared to Linux, NT, etc.)

We could also give mini-clinics and do forth. Who do we contact for
details? (Dates, location, costs, space available, etc.)? I remember
getting the brochure for the one that just past, but I don;t think I still
have it.

Kevin