Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 18:55:17 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How to check out 2.2.6-RELEASE?

On Thu, 26 March 1998 at 23:38:30 -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>> I've just spent a fair amount of time trying to check out
>> 2.2.6-RELEASE.  Here's the command:
>>
>>   cvs co -r 2.2.6-RELEASE src
>
> Wrong.

Right.  This was a typo in the message, not in what I was doing.
Sorry about that.  What I really typed was

 # cvs co -r RELENG_2_2_6_RELEASE src

It didn't work until I changed $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/taginfo.

>> RELENG_2_2_5_RELEASE, but not RELENG_2_2_6_RELEASE.  I added
>> RELENG_2_2_6_RELEASE, and voilą!  I can now check it out.
>
> Right. :-)
>
> For a convenient "glossary of tags" it's often the easiest thing
> to do just to say:
>
> 	cd /usr/src
> 	cvs log Makefile | more
> 	(see first couple of screenfulls).

What I did was in fact:

  # cvs log /usr/src/Makefile|less

In case there's any doubt here, I still claim things don't work that
way.  I tried exactly what you suggested, but it didn't work until I
modified taginfo.  What'd going on here?

Greg