Date:      Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:08:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      <legg@iastate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB device error

Background:

	I have an ABit KA7 running FreeBSD 4-3 Release

Problem:

	1.  At random intervals I get a message "xl0 watchdog timeout"
	xl0 corresponds to a 3com 905 NIC installed on the machine.
	Could this be a problem on my machine, or the network?  I see
	it usually once a day or so.

	2.  At random intervals, I get a USB1 host system error.  The
	error message didn't tell me a thing over what the error was
	and since I don't use the USB port anyway, I would just like
	to disable it.  Is there any safe method for disabling this
 	device?

Details:

	messages.txt - A copy of my most recent /var/messages

	http://www.public.iastate.edu/~legg/freebsd/messages.txt

Timothy D Legg
legg@iastate.edu