Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 1995 14:15:58 +0200
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@star-gate.com>, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

Nate Williams writes:
>> Please point me to a better mailer than exmh/mh which understands MIME
>> and can also compose MIME. exmh currently can't compose MIME messages
>> well at least not like some sort of GUI tool.
>
>I'm pretty sure VM-mode in XEmacs can do it.  And, XEmacs 19.12 (due out
>RSN I hear) will also have tty support, so you can use it in X mode
>and/or character mode.  XEmacs is a very nice extensible editor, mail
>reader, news reader, spell-checker, and whatever else you can think.

IMHO VM-mode is the best mail reader and do a better job than
procmail + xyz.

        - sort by thread (like GNUS or trn)
        - kill by Subject
        - virtual folder (*) I have a folder for my private mails, for
          daemon mails, and for freebsd-hackers. Very nice :-)

(setq vm-virtual-folder-alist
      '(("freebsd-hackers" (("~/Mail/INBOX")
			   (recipient "hackers@\\(freebsd\.org\\|.*\.cdrom\.com\\)")
			   ))
	;; just an example :-)
	;; but it shows that Jordan send 40+x mails to the lists last 2 days
       ("freebsd-chief" (("~/Mail/INBOX")
			 (author "jkh@\\(freebsd\.org\\|.*\.cdrom\.com\\)")
			 ))
       ))

(*) A virtual folder is a mapping of messages from one or more real folders
into what appears to be a single folder.  A virtual folder definition
specifies which real folders should be searched for prospective messages
and what the inclusion criteria are.

Wolfram