Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 2015 13:25:47 +0300
From:      Kostantinos Koukopoulos <koukopoulos@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   devel/hub build failed on 8.4, how to proceed?

Hello,
I'm maintaining devel/hub, and for the first time while doing so, a build
has failed:

http://beefy5.nyi.freebsd.org/data/84i386-default/382532/logs/hub-2.2.0.log

I have a couple of questions about how I should proceed. First: are we
(port maintainers) responsible for addressing this type of issue, where the
build fails only on a legacy release of FreeBSD? Second, assuming we don't
have the time to investigate the cause ourselves, is it acceptable to
simply open an issue with the upstream provider? Third, if and when we have
the time, is running a 8.4 jail on poudriere the easiest way to go about
debugging the issue?

Last, if anyone has any idea why a Golang build would fail with these
errors please share it with me:

/var/tmp/go-link-ejdAoV/go.o(.text+0x1cc44): In function `runtime.mallocinit':
/usr/local/go/src/runtime/malloc.c:219: relocation truncated to fit:
R_386_32 runtime.end
/var/tmp/go-link-ejdAoV/go.o(.debug_info+0x10f493): In function
`time.Time.IsZero':
/usr/local/go/src/time/time.go:242: relocation truncated to fit:
R_386_32 runtime.end

Thank you,
Konstantinos

--