Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 2013 13:53:22 +0200
From:      Milan Obuch <bsd@dino.sk>
To:        Marat Bakeev <hawara@Hawara.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail/courier build error in poudriere

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 15:27:43 +0400
Marat Bakeev <hawara@Hawara.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to build mail/courier using poudriere on 9.1-RELEASE-p4
> amd64 in i386 jail.
> It fails with the following error:
>
> =======================<phase: build
> >============================ ===>  Building for courier-0.65.3_1
>  cd . && /usr/local/bin/automake-1.14 --foreign
> automake-1.14: warning: autoconf input should be named 'configure.ac',
> not 'configure.in'
> configure.in:17: error: required file './compile' not found
> configure.in:17:   'automake --add-missing' can install 'compile'
> gmake: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
> *** [do-build] Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/mail/courier.
> ***
> [/wrkdirs/usr/ports/mail/courier/work/.build_done.courier._usr_local]
> Error code 1
>

> How can I fix this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> P.S. I tried building courier on 9.1 i386 host directly from ports, it
> still fails with the same error.

Hi,

I know about this problem, however I did not yet discovered the root
cause of it - maybe some automake versionitis or somesuch... If anyone
knows anything which could help, I'd be really gratefull.

As a quick fix/hack, just change the line in Makefile containing

USE_AUTOTOOLS=  libtool aclocal

USE_AUTOTOOLS=  libtool

Then it should compile and run. If you find anything, please keep me
informed. I am already trying to get some time to work on update, which
is already due for some time, but there are still some problems
preventing me to work on it a bit more and prepare good new version's
port.

Regards,
Milan