Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2000 00:16:26 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Stefan Schmidt <zaphodb@zaphods.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq Smart RAID not on Installationdisk ?

hi there,
we recently received a test machine from Compaq, whose only two
harddisks live behind a Compaq Smart RAID Array. A Collegue of mine if
currently trying to install Linux on that machine, whilst i'm up to trying
to install FreeBSD on it because i saw that the ida device (Compaq Smart
RAID) is supported by at least 4.1-STABLE (didn't look the other versions
up though). To come to the point: device ida does not seem to be supported
by the installation disk(set) so if anyone could provide me with one that
does have support for the ida device plus fxp and wx i'd be ready to give
it a try :)

FYI:
the machine in question is a Compaq Proliant DL 360, 1 U high, dual PIII
800 (coppermine), 1 gig RAM, two onboard intel ether express whatever
NICs, one Intel Gigabit Ethernet NIC and two 18GB i think scsi disks
behind that damn (sorry :) Smart Array Controller.

http://www.compaq.com/products/servers/proliantdl360/index.html

hopefully,

		Stefan
--
Our OS who art in CPU, UNIX be thy name.
        Thy programs run, thy syscalls done,