Date:      Sat, 3 May 2014 22:24:42 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
To:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@passap.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wandboard-quad: ffec performance (about 190 Mbits/sec)

On Sat, May 03, 2014 at 11:58:31PM +0400, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My home PC has max perfomance approx. 800 Mbit/sec (measured between
> two re adapters and a cheap d-link switch in between them).
>
> I've just test ffec performance (one of re's is the other side):
> -----
>
> Is this an expected result? Assuming that the system was about 65% idle,
> there is a space for improvement.

Freecale says that the ethernet interface has a 400Mbit/s memory
interface, so that's pretty much the physical limit and I think even
in summary of both directions.
The hardware also has some very fancy IP offloading stuff, of which I
don't know how much we already utilize.

As an interest off myself, when you already have such a setup running.
Can you do a ping test to see what latency you get during bulk traffic
and without?
Currently I can't easily do such tests myself, since I have a full
workbench with unrelated stuff.

--
B.Walter <bernd@bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de