Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:41:01 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        taguchi@tohoku.iij.ad.jp
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alpha JDK 1.2.2 patchset 9

taguchi@tohoku.iij.ad.jp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > 5. Compilation using Display Ghostscript (dgs) is almost certainly a
> >    violation of the GPL.  The default value of HAVE_DPS has been altered
> >    from yes to no while alternatives and licensing are investigated.
>
> Does anyone already reported DPS package included XFree86-4.0 ?
> It's work.
> This package in NOT under GPL.
> It's under Adobe's BSD like Licence. Cool! > adobe ;-)

Argh!  I write an FAQ and already it needs changing ;).  Clearly I need to
put it on a web page (or maybe we can put some more JDK 1.2.2 pages at the
FreeBSD Java web site - Patrick?).

But seriously, arigato Taguchi-san!  I am still using XFree86 3.3.3.1, so maybe
it is time to upgrade so I can try this out :).

> But its error handler's prototype is different from GNU dgs.
> So we must make some patches.

Ok.  I will look into it when I move to XFree86 4.0.  I am a little nervous
about doing that on the work server with the security problems I've noticed
in the XFree86 4.0 port commit messages, so maybe I will just do this at
home.  Or  maybe someone will beat me to it and send some patches ;).

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083