Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:59:55 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.net>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support for releases

On 27. Mar 2012, at 18:57 , Charles Sprickman wrote:

> On Mar 27, 2012, at 2:25 PM, Brett Glass wrote:
>=20
>> Everyone:
>>=20
>> I've just noted that as of this month, there is no release of FreeBSD =
-- on any branch --  whose EOL is less than a year away. Should there =
not be at least one release with extended support?
>=20
> That will be 8.3:
>=20
> ----
> 	=95 20120205 - Ping SecurityOfficer about expected support for =
8.3 (BjoernZeeb).
> 	=95 20120205 - ACK from SecurityOfficer on extended support =
(ColinPercival).
> ----
>=20
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/Releng/8.3TODO

Which was already mentioned in an earlier pre-release announcement.

> I assume once it's released, this will be updated:
>=20
> http://www.freebsd.org/security/#sup

Which it was yesterday along with the release.

/bz

--=20
   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!