Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:32:14 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell PE800 NIC not recognized

--Apple-Mail-22-371482942

I just took delivery of a Dell PE800 tower server.  I installed
5.3-RELEASE amd64 on it, but it is not finding any ethernet device
(there is one built into the mobo).

According to the Dell PE800 spec sheet
(http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/pedge/en/800_specs.pdf)
it is a "Single embedded Broadcom 5721 Gigabit Ethernet controller".

I've never had issues with network controllers on dells before, so I
didn't pay any attention to this before I bought it.  Does there exist
a driver for this thing?  For now I guess I need to just slap in an old
fxp card I've got sitting about to get this up and running.  Any help
would be appreciated.  Or is it a supported chip and I just have a dud?

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806

--Apple-Mail-22-371482942--