Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 23:50:33 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami), ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SOCKS port inspires question...

In message <199809240202.TAA20629@austin.polstra.com> John Polstra writes:
: > Well, but this is sort of a special case, as it actually enables you
: > to *run* other a.out and ELF binaries on a -current system.  So you
: > can't really compile this under a.out or ELF and be happy, you may
: > need something that supports both.
:
: OK ... I'll buy that.
:
: > Of course, all this depends on time and availability of Warner. :)
:
: Go Warner go! :-)

Hmmm, I have two things on my list in line before fixing this port:
	1) Some security fixes that I don't want to slip through the
	   cracks, plus writeup of a recent security related fix that
	   went into the tree.
	2) Fix the aha driver for older cards (and some newer ones)
	   during probe's attempt to ferret out bt cards from aha
	   cards.

So I may take the coward's way out and just commit the "make it work
on a homogeneous system" path to get some functionality working for
3.0, and if I have time do the mixed system stuff, I will.

Warner