Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 07:56:37 -0500
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        Zigron <zigron@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.1-STABLE and usb mice?

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 11:55:27AM -0700, Zigron wrote:
> Ever since I upgraded to 4.1-STABLE  (about a week and a half ago, via
> CVSup), i've been having trouble with my Microsoft Intellimouse
> Explorer. The mouse-driver seems to die/crash in situations where my HDD
> is rather busy, e.g. copying huge files, doing big-greps, etcetera.

Very interesting.  This is similar to symptoms I've seen (in 4.0-STABLE
and 4.1-STABLE) with an Intellimouse, except using the PS/2 interface.
When there is heavy disk activity, the mouse freaks out.  Restarting
moused recovers (though I have to restart X).

After seeing your message, I just switched the mouse over to the USB
interface to see what happens.
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org