Date:      Thu, 02 Sep 1999 21:34:33 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Minor changes to USER_LDT related code

Luoqi Chen wrote:

> I like your idea to merge i386_get_ldt_args and i386_set_ldt_args into one
> i386_ldt_args and make it public in sysarch.h. We probably also want to
> change sysarch and libc code to use it. With regard to the EINVAL return
> value, we could change it to EOPNOTSUPP and later map to ENOSYS in
> linuxulator.

Agreed.

> Now do you think the sysarch() interface is still unusable? I feel strongly
> about externalize i386_get_ldt/i386_set_ldt, especially there is a standard
> API available and it takes very little effort to change the code to use it
> (5 more lines in your diff file).

Yes, with such a change sysarch can be used. I'll prepare a new diff with
the proper changes.
Just to make sure: We change the sysarch() interface, because EOPNOTSUPP
has not previously been returned, right?

I'll send you the changes asap for a final review.
Thanks,

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/