Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 1995 19:21:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hansen <shansen@cello.gina.calstate.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   LPD question

I am running FreeBSD 2.0.5 on a pentium 90. My printer port is LPT1 and
my printer is an Epson. I don't think it really makes difference, but you
have that information. in my startup files (i forget which one exactly),
lpd is run. This seems like it should start the daemon, but when I use
lpr to print, it says no daemon. So, I type lpd and it prints (child
process?), but the next time after printing is complete, I want to print,
I have to do lpd again, but only after a job is in the queue. It does
this consistently and I have looked for lock files and deleted them but
it still doesn't seem to load right. Any ideas? Thanks alot.

   |o|  Steve V. Hansen                                     |o|
   |o|    shansen@cello.gina.calstate.edu                   |o|
   |o|  Todd S. Hansen, KD6YPS                              |o|
   |o|    KD6YPS@W6VIO.#SOCA.CA.USA.NA                      |o|
   |o|    kd6yps@n6ore.ampr.org                             |o|
   |o|    shansen@cello.gina.calstate.edu                   |o|
   |o|  I am going to live forever or die in the attempt!   |o|
   |v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^|