Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 00:27:37 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
To:        bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mail.local and quotas

Here's an interesting problem i'm seeing in 2.2.8 and 2.2.5 (I don't have
easy access to a 3.0 machine with 3.0 on it to check this, so if it's been
fixed, hit be with the appropriate blunt object).

If I have multiple local users I'm sending mail to on the same mail.local
command , and one of those users is over their quota, the message gets
deferred in sendmail, and every time that message is retried, all the users
who weren't over their quota get duplicates of the message.

example:

sendmail[11686]: AAA10634: to=<jenna@home.dragondata.com>,
<polt@shell2.dragondata.com>,<eddieb@shell1.dragondata.com>, delay=00:14:20,
xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, stat=Deferred
mail.local: /var/mail/polt: Disc quota exceeded

jenna and eddieb, receive the message though.

10 minutes later, this same message is tried again, jenna and eddieb get the
message, but polt causes it to be deferred.

Is this a mail.local problem, or should I trick sendmail into breaking up
local mail into seperate attempts?

Kevin