Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 14:47:58 -0400
From:      "John Hermes" <jhermes@infoglobe.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   After RELENG_3 cvsup: No crypt-md5.c (FAQ?)

Hello,

I just joined freebsd-stable. PLEASE excuse me if
this is a FAQ.

None of my 3.2-STABLE boxes can be updated to
3.3-STABLE until I can get crypt-md5.c for the
source tree, somehow.

During cvsup, I noticed:

Delete src/secure/lib/libcrypt/crypt-md5.c

but no corresponding Checkout event occurred to
replace it! Has this file been removed from the
RELENG_3 tree?

I've seen only one message on Deja.com about 'make
world' fails at crypt-md5.c (nonexistent) after a
successful RELENG_3 cvsup. No answers to date
(hence my assumption this is a FAQ). I grep'd the
source tree after cvsup; no mention of the file
anywhere (except libcrypt/Makefile which expects
it to exist).

Anyway, could someone please point me to the
announcement that shows how to solve this?

Thanks!

John Hermes              jhermes@infoglobe.com
Infoglobe, Inc.            (937) 225-9999 x317