Date:      Sat, 02 Jan 1999 18:01:41 -0800
From:      Jerry Preeper <preeper@cts.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sendmail / procmail

I have sendmail 8.9.1 running on my 2.2.6-Release box and everything is
running just fine.  I am trying to add procmail as the local mail delivery
agent and it is installed and seems to work for the most part.  Now I would
like to test out replacing the local mda

I currently have the following in /etc/sendmail.cf

Mlocal, P=/usr/libexec/mail.local, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qrmn9, S=10/30, R=20/40,
        T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
        A=mail -d $u

I have tried figuring out what all the flags seem to mean and was wondering
if I could just replace /usr/libexec/mail.local with /usr/bin/procmail and
leave all the flags the same.

Also, when I make the changes to the sendmail.cf file, can I just issue a
killall -1 sendmail command or do I need to do something different (if so,
what)?

Right now I don't have a /etc/.procmail directory or /etc/.procmail file so
I am assuming that procmail will just send everything on as usual and then
I can create these to set up server wide filtering.  Does that sound right?

TIA

Jerry