Date:      Fri, 02 May 1997 16:08:25 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        committers@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   New eBones/Kerberos import (repeat (sorta)).

Hello

I have asked this before, and certain of my questions were
underwhelmingly underanswered, So I am going to ask them again :-).
I also am embellishing on previous questions:

I have KTH-eBones (KerberosIV) ready for commit, and there are a
few points about the procedure that I am unsure about:

1) I am going to put the sources into src/contrib/crypto/kerberosIV.
This is therefore a "heads up" to the CTM/cvsup-meisters to add
src/contrib/crypto to their "naughty bits" exclusion files. I'll
add this directory in a day or so if there is no objection, and
import eBones up when I get the say-so. OK? :-)

2) I will import the new Makefiles into src/kerberos/ (Kerberos5
will go in there as well, eventually). There are still bits of
KerberosIV that must live _somewhere_. (rkinit, telnet and bits of
passwd). I need a home for them that does not pollute src/kerberos
with unexportable crypto.  Suggestions? (I'd like to put
rkinit/rkinitd/librkinit into src/contrib/crypto as it is (kinda)
a complete package - I figure I'll get opposition as it is not an
"original", rather a "moved". Comments?)

3) Further to above, I'd like to re-import "secure" telnet into
src/contrib/crypto. There are some cute possibilities there - If
_only_ the secure stuff is imported, it is still possible to
generate the "normal" telnet. Appropriate setting of macros will
turn on/off the kerberised/encrypted features. Comments? Flames?

4) I would also like to make a target/distribution that can be
used to "unkerberise" a system. Right now it can be done if you
have source loaded and you understand the make system. I'd prefer
an "un-krb" distribution for the CD/ftp. Comments?

Mark Murray                PGP key fingerprint = 80 36 6E 40 83 D6 8A 36
This .sig is umop ap!sdn.                        BC 06 EA 0E 7A F2 CE CE