Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 1997 12:58:04 +1000
From:      Hugh Blandford <hugh@globaldist.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with menu-driven disklabel

Dear All,

I am trying to reassign my disk space between /var, /usr and so on.

I have backed everything up and booted from the floppy.  Running the
Custom install option from the menu I go into the label option to
reconfigure things.

After I have everything the way I want it I use W to write the changes
to the disk.  However, at this point I get a message that says:

You must partition the disk before this option can be used.

The disk is already partitioned and I do not really want to have to go
through a complete reinstall process.  All I am doing is resizing /usr
and /var.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Hugh.