Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 1995 01:52:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Steven Wallace <swallace@ece.uci.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Whee - I've got my MBONE feed..

On Mon, 3 Apr 1995, Steven Wallace wrote:

> What software uses SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT?  What sound card are you using?
> Have you tried recompiling the software?  Have you tried using
> an old one compiled for 1.1 or 2.0?

The software I'm using is Paradise-netrek.  I've tried both 2.0
compiled and -current compiled binaries.

Here is a code fragment:

*fragsize = 0;
frag = 0x00080007;

ioctl(dsp, SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT, &frag);
ioctl(dsp, SNDCTL_DSP_GETBLKSIZE, fragsize);

if (!(*fragsize)) {
    printf ("Error:  Couldn't Get Block Size\n");
}

On Linux (same VoxWare drivers), this code fragment runs through ok.  On
FreeBSD, the GETBLKSIZE returns 0 causing the Error.

Sujal