Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 2010 09:32:09 +0200
From:      Alexander Yerenkow <yerenkow@gmail.com>
To:        arundel@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usb/138548: [usb67] [usb8] usb devices periodically have unknown activity

2010/11/15 <arundel@freebsd.org>

> Synopsis: [usb67] [usb8] usb devices periodically have unknown activity

> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: arundel
> State-Changed-When: Sun Nov 14 23:45:48 UTC 2010
> State-Changed-Why:
> I'm sorry to put this back into feedback state, but Alexander Yerenkow has
> not
> answered an important question:
>
> Does your device actually work? Looking at this PR it appears that the only
> issue you're having are the blinking leds of your usb stick. If that is the
> case please note that whether polling a device regularly or not is
> dependant
> upon the implementation of the USB stack in a specific OS and should not be
> considered an actual bug.

Sorry that this wasn't clear from the beginning. Both devices function
properly, via bluetooth I was using mobile -phone connection and dial-up; At
usb stick I hold docs and files, which was readed just fine.
The only problem - is that both devices blinking. Since I don't see blinking
when devices inactive under other OSes, I assume that in FreeBSD there is
some additional, not needed device polling forgotten to be disabled, or I
don't know. If device is blinking, then something queries it, spending CPU
cycles :)
I'll give you more feedback in evening, will run again same tests with
latest FreeBSD to see if it's still actual.

Regards,
Alexander Yerenkow