Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2000 14:33:51 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Onboard Intel fxp network chip, unknown PHY 17 type 2

> >> Mike wrote:
> >> This is just a diagnostic message; the interface ought to work
> >> regardless.  Have you tried it?
> >
> >Oops.
> >
> >It works.
> >I can ping the machine next to me.
> >
> >Pass me the pointy hat.
>
>    Actually, it doesn't completely work. Full-duplex won't work for example,
> since the driver has to know the PHY type in order to set the proper mode.

Hmm.  I wouldn't have seen that, being on a hub.  The part on the board
here is:

GD82559
L942SH98

There's what might be the PHY next to it (assuming it's not internal).

MVT203011 CW
722490-001

I don't recognise the logo on this, unless it's a new/changed
International Rectifier logo (looks like two diodes pointing at each
other inside a circle and square).