Date:      Fri, 05 Mar 1999 19:38:25 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        sos@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, yokota@freebsd.org
Subject:   GGI

(changed, subject, list, and cc list... it's almost a new mail! :)

Terry Lambert wrote:

> I can't do the work for FreeBSD until it adopts GGI, and supports ELF
>
> The GGI people have been looking for someone (with commit priviledges,
> obviously) to do a FreeBSD port, and have gone so far as to put the
> kernel pieces of their predominantly Linux project *in the public domain*.

I looked at GGI, and I liked it. If my memory doesn't fail me, Soren
remarked that he was not much impressed with it last he checked it.

What I'd like to know is if the Powers That Be of FreeBSD console
(Soren and Yokota?) would, present state of the code
notwithstanding, accept the adoption of GGI once deemed to be
"ready", or if there is any fundamental flaw with it that makes this
a hopeless propositon.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"FreeBSD is Yoda, Linux is Luke Skywalker."