Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:41:41 -0600
From:      "James R. Van Artsalen" <james@jrv.org>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel panic with greater that 8 GB of memory

I'm not convinced that the bounce-buffer scheme works on amd64 at all.
I don't think twe, ata or bge work (individually or in combination) with
more than 4GB of RAM.

Are you using a bge NIC or USB, or any other driver that needs bounce
buffer, 1394?  Which SCSI driver?

Is this 5.3 release?  5.2.1 worked for me.  The bounce-buffer code in
amd64 has changed since then but I haven't been able to figure it out.

I wonder how much memory is in Tinderbox?