Date:      Fri, 3 Apr 1998 13:25:54 +1000
From:      David Dawes <dawes@xfree86.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Changes to X11 licensing with X11R6.4

First, I apologise for the cross post, and for posting at all about this
subject to these lists, but I'm looking for some feedback on this issue
from the FreeBSD community.  Please respect the Reply-To line, and don't
pursue the discussion about this on the FreeBSD lists.

As some of you are probably aware, The Open Group (TOG) has recently
announced new licensing conditions to go with their new X11R6.4 release.
This change means that XFree86 needs to make some decisions about our
future direction.  We have some basic info on our home page
(http://www.xfree86.org/), and links to the new licensing information on
TOG's web site.  If you have anything to say about this in the XFree86
context, please take a look at that info, and send you comments to
feedback@xfree86.org.

David