Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 2000 11:31:05 -0700
From:      j@evilcode.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cdrecord + IDE CD-RW

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck using cdrecord
with an IDE CD-RW. I read through the info available on the
cdrecord website, and it says that FreeBSD doesn't support
ATAPI devices... since I know FreeBSD does in fact support
these devices, I'm wondering just how accurate the info
there is.

I'm running 4.1-STABLE, and the drive is a TEAC W54-E.
It's recognized on boot as follows:
acd0: CD-RW <CD-W54E> at ata1-slave using PIO4

So.. is it possible for me to use cdrecord with this device?
If so, what do I specify for the dev= argument?

Thanks in advance