Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 2010 17:52:43 +0200
From:      Tomek CEDRO <tomek.cedro@gmail.com>
To:        Konstantin Tokarev <annulen@yandex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GIMP 2.4 - better ui usability

2010/10/23 Konstantin Tokarev <annulen@yandex.ru>:
> Probably port of gimp-classic (or option in GIMP port to add this patch) would
> be better solution than using outdated version. UI is not the only component of
> GIMP being changed by developers

Thank you Konstantin for your support on the bugtracker, but I am
afraid this wont change anything, you have seen the attitude of the
developers. I can see that they try to bring back the "new, save,
close" buttons on the toolbox again, just like they couldn't bring
back the old good menu, idiots. They create vertical menus with
elephant large icons, but still dont want to bring the little text
menu back. Maybe they simply don't like to read. There are people on
this planet that think when there is a change, no matter what change,
it is for better.

I have also proposed including this gimp-classic as an option to the
current gimp port, but it was problematic, so I thought the simplest
thing would be to bring the gimp24 port until there is anyone sensible
in the developer team. I just wanted to ask if there are any pros and
cons against this in the port tree.

Best regads,
Tomek