Date:      Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:11:34 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Yuan Jue <yuanjue122@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Subversion on FreeBSD?

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 07:53:34PM +0800, Yuan Jue wrote:
> Is there a subversion system for FreeBSD sourcecode? Or there is only CVS=
 to=20
> control the source code? Does that mean that subversion is not stable eno=
ugh=20
> to take this big job?

There is an older one:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2004-September/008112.ht=
ml

Web interface located here (as stated in that post):

http://svn.clkao.org/svnweb/freebsd/log/cvs/

However, I think clkao stopped updating it?

FWIW, I think Subversion would be stable enough, but no-one's gone through
the trouble of converting the CVS repository while preserving the project's
history. I tried to using cvs2svn about a year back but ran into some
snags, and I've never found the time to retry now that cvs2svn is improved.

--Stijn

--=20
An Orb is for life, not just for Christmas.

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8--