Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:36:12 +0000
From:      Phil Brennan <phil.brennan@gmail.com>
To:        Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VCD (DivX) to DVD

Try not to confuse VCD with Divx. VCD=mpeg1,DVD=mpeg2,divx=mpeg4 ( roughly )
If you have a divx, you should be able re-encode it as mpeg2 with
mencoder (part of mplayer). So, you need to start reading up the
documentation for mplayer/mencoder. There are manpages, and entire
folder of docs. Then search the web for howtos if thats not enough.
Hope this helps a little bit.