Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:54:44 -0500
From:      "Subhro Sankha Kar" <subhro@indiashells.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Primary Slave does not work

Hello,
I got a Seagate Baracuda (IDE) 40GB drive connected as master to my Primary
IDE controller and a Samsung CDWriter as Master on the Secondary IDE
Controller. I have also got a CDROM. If i connect it as a slave to the Hard
Drive it does not get detected and I get entries in the boot log as
ata0-slave:Device identification tries exceeded. However it works fine if I
connect it as a slave to my CD-Writer. Can anyone help me out? I got an
Inter 815e motherboard and using FreeBSD-4.7-RELEASE.

Subhro Sankha Kar
IIIT-Calcutta