Date:      Mon, 22 May 2006 13:48:53 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Eugene M. Kim" <ab@astralblue.net>
Cc:        Matthew Jacob <mj@feral.com>, arch@freebsd.org, Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Willing to adopt Firewire (was Re: your mail)

Eugene M. Kim wrote this message on Mon, May 22, 2006 at 13:36 -0700:
> Robert Watson wrote:
> >Yes -- we're beginning to reach the point where we can start issuing
> >ultimatums on device drivers, but need USB and Firewire dealt with
> >before we can begin to push out stragglers.  For better or worse,
> >those two hardware categories can't be ignored.  Being at a point
> >where we can universally make assumptions about MPSAFEty is a very
> >good place to be, and we're very close with the network stack.
>
> Quick question: Has anyone stepped up for MP-guarding Firewire and
> boys?  I plan to begin hacking Firewire code soon (mainly to add support
> for 1394 audio devices), so I probably can adopt them if they've been
> orphaned.

Nope, not that I've heard...  I regularly use firewire on my -current
box, so I can help review/commit changes to firewire, or you can talk
w/ simokawa about it too...  We'll need to cordinate w/ simokawa
anyways...

/me wonders if simokawa goes to CBUG meetings.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579