Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 1996 19:59:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        luka <luka@venturanet.it>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATAPI cdrom

On Mon, 30 Dec 1996, luka wrote:

> i can't able to find my ATAPI CD-ROM why?
>
> with the boot kernel on the atapi.flp when i make

You're on an old version of FreeBSD I'm guessing if you have atapi.flp.
2.1.5 and later abolished it.  You should consider installing something
more recent, ie 2.1.6.

Any case, you may need to move your CDROM to the slave position on the
primary controller or single on the secondary controller before FreeBSD
will find it.