Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:02:31 +0100
From:      Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens@gmail.com>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        gldisater@gto.net
Subject:   Re: does freebsd has a bit torrent client ?

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:59:25 -0600, Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com> wrote:
> In the last episode (Jan 28), Gert Cuykens said:
> > >
> > > There are at least half a dozen in the ports collection. Look
> > > harder, they're in ports/net
> >
> > i am looking and my looking tool found nothing :P
> >
> > 7rxI# find / -name *torrent*
> > /root/AOInstall15.7.3_EP0_live_nointro.torrent
> > 7rxI#
>
> I put my Kreskin memorial magic cap on and deduce that you ran this
> command from root's home directory!
>
> The shell expanded your wildcard before passing it to find, which saw
> "find / -name AOInstall15.7.3_EP0_live_nointro.torrent".  Use what
> albi@scii.nl suggested: "cd /usr/ports/ ; make search key=bittorrent"
>
> This will find ports with "bittorrent" in the package name or
> description, which will match clients without torrent in their name
> (Azureus for example).
>
> --
>         Dan Nelson
>         dnelson@allantgroup.com

7rxI# make search key=bittorrent
Generating INDEX-5 - please wait..p5-Unicode-MapUTF8-1.09:
"/usr/ports/japanese/p5-Jcode" non-existent -- dependency list
incomplete
===> converters/p5-Unicode-MapUTF8 failed
*** Error code 1
1 error

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then
report the failure to ports@FreeBSD.org together with relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
7rxI#

how do you tell find to do the * before and after ?