Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 2002 21:48:04 -0500
From:      Mike Jeays <mj001@rogers.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Browser delays

  I am using Mozilla 1.0 with FreeBSD 4.7.  The machine is attached to
a cable-TV high-speed service via an SMC Barricade router. I get
IP addresses assigned by DHCP running on the router.

I have tried without the router (connecting directly to the
cable modem), and get the same results.

When browsing certain web sites, including www.cnn.com, there
is about a 90 second delay when I load the first page; subsequent
pages are quite fast.  I don't get the same problem with Windows
2000.

Any suggestions, please?  Do I need to enable a DNS caching server?