Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:39:00 -0800
From:      steve@Watt.COM (Steve Watt)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   snapshots and innds

I'm getting a strong hunch that snapshots and inn don't get along
well, presumably having something to do with inn's extensive use
of mmap().

Just for an example, my system panic()ed earlier today (different
problem) and during the reboot, I'm stuck with an fsck_ufs on wchan
"ufs" and innd on wchan "suspfs", and neither of them responding
in any way.

Unfortunately, my attempts to figure out *where* exactly everyone's
hung is being hampered by my not having any idea how to cause kgdb
to attach to the desired thread, or how to determine what thread
number (100xx) is related to what entry in ps -H.

For that matter, when I try to do a "print *(struct proc *)0x{blah}"
in kgdb for an address I got out of ps -o pid,uprocp,wchan,command,
it doesn't seem to believe that there is a struct proc.

Is there an up-to-date (i.e. covers 5.3) place that talks about
kernel debugging?

--
Steve Watt KD6GGD  PP-ASEL-IA          ICBM: 121W 56' 57.8" / 37N 20' 14.9"
 Internet: steve @ Watt.COM                         Whois: SW32