Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2001 08:43:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: RIPEMD-160

I figured, after looking at it that it would require some changes to the
code.  The reason I want to do this is for the multi-user boxes that I
have.  I would like to use a 160-bit algorithm that is not know to be
insecure.  Another reason is that most of the common password cracking
programs support MD5, DES, etc.  Confusing script kiddies is always fun.

Robert Simmons
Systems Administrator
http://www.wlcg.com/